• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Your MA family

So after two weeks of being on the mend I had my staples removed on Friday, three days ahead of schedule. I totally followed my doctor's orders and the wound healed remarkably fast. On Saturday I attended my first class in nearly two weeks. I walked into the studio and I could feel my face light up, and the master as well as my classmates faces lit up as well. After a warm welcome and a few embraces it was back to business a usual. Even after all of these years it's instances like this that remind me of how much my training partners mean to me. Don't get me wrong, they are not better than friends developed in other aspects of my life, but no less meaningful either, I'm truly blessed with the friendships forged on the floor who's significance is immeasurable. Perhaps this is a classic case of longing making the heart grow fonder - or perhaps it's a simple reminder of how much MA is a part of my life. Forgive the melodrama but it's good to be back!

To quote the great Bob Marley: "LOVE IS MY RELIGION"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

That's awesome for you. Most of my best friends are people who I train with. There's a camaraderie like no other that forms when your working your butt off with a group of like minded people all aiming for the same thing. Even more so when you get to smack each other on a weekly basis!

Hope you heal up quick :)

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Very glad to hear that you're healing well!!

Nothing and nobody can ever replace ones MA family. Being together for so long, one really starts to depend on them both on and off the floor!! Your MA family sounds like a MA family that I'd love to be part of; there's that comfort that surrounds you from the time you walk in and far after you've gone home.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Awesome to hear that you're healing quicker than expected! It's also great that you have such a supportive MA family, it really means a lot to know that you have a group of people who are just there for you.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Its great that you have a supportive MA family around you. Its great to have that team feeling when you go to train, that everyone is on your side and supportive.

Its great that you have a supportive MA family around you. Its great to have that team feeling when you go to train, that everyone is on your side and supportive.

So true. It's a cure to a great many ailments ! :)

To quote the great Bob Marley: "LOVE IS MY RELIGION"