• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ashihara or Enshin karate in London

Viktor

Osu forum members.

This is my first time on this forum, so i wanted to give a brief intro:

The name's Viktor. I'm 24, living in London (UK) and have been practicing Kyokushin for the past 3 years (with an unfortunately long break owing to academic commitments). Prior to that i was dabbling in Muay Thai for a short period.

With that said, i was wondering whether anyone knows of any Ashihara or Enshin karate dojos within the London area. Whilst i really relish Kyokushin, its training and principles, i was looking for one of the above to supplement it.

After much googling, i've come up short.

Many thanks,

Osu.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First of all, Welcome to KF; glad that you're here!!

Try this...

https://www.kyokushinkai.org.uk

Look at their "Locations" tab; they've 4 schools!! They might be able to connect you to a Ashihara or Enshin dojo within London.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Thank you for your prompt responses.

I've actually had a look at Seido, and have found it to be a great art. The reason, however, I am looking for Ashihara or Enshin karate is because I want to explore the principle of Tai Sabaki, and know that these styles place particular emphasis on it. Unfortunately, I feel as though this is an element which lacks a bit in Kyokushin and several derivatives (not that they are without their redeeming qualities), and so hope to plug a few gaps in knowledge.

As for the London dojo link: I feel a little awkward contacting a Kyokushin dojo in the search for an offshoot - although this feeling may be an ill-founded.

Osu.