• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

DoJang Chop/Seals

I was wondering where other school owners purchase their seals for promotion certificates. I'll assume you purchase your security seal at the same vendor.

Thanks in advance.

Master David "Buffalo" Loree

PasaRyu Martial Arts Academy

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Unfortunately for us, our GM is preparing to retire, which will leave the promotions to us. I'm not sure if there is going to be a "governing" body that will take over the responsibility so I'm getting prepared.

Master David "Buffalo" Loree

PasaRyu Martial Arts Academy

Quick use of google-fu turned up this:

http://www.fredlake.com/category.aspx?categoryID=6

http://www.customembossers.com/iconlogodesk.shtml

There were dozens more. I'm sure you'll be able to find what you're looking for.

I just print on my computer, so I don't have a recommendation either way.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Your organization should be able to supply these. Are you new to instructing or have you just opened your own school?

Typically the organization either supplies these at a fee or tells you where to purchase them so I am confused why your on you own so to speak looking for a supplier. The supplier should be well established. Just contact you sensei or organization.

Devil Dog

Godan

Shorin ryu, goju ryu, isshin ryu, kobudo.

Your organization should be able to supply these. Are you new to instructing or have you just opened your own school?

Typically the organization either supplies these at a fee or tells you where to purchase them so I am confused why your on you own so to speak looking for a supplier. The supplier should be well established. Just contact you sensei or organization.

Not everyone has an organization. Further, many schools like to give out their own certificates as well as those from their organization.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Ours is the largest Shorin-Ryu organization in the world, and they don't provide seals, or even recommend where to get them. Every dojo is free to make their own certificates, and most of them just use a computer for that entire process. The organization does supply certificates from Okinawa, signed by Nakazato Sensei, upon request, though.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

• 2 weeks later...

This is where I got mine & I love it. They do great work.

http://goodcharacters.com/in.html

In my organization, certificates come from HQ with my GM's signature & stamp on it, already. I add my signature & stamp on it.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

Our Hombu retains the seals on its premises! Security to them is tight; very, very few of the hierarchy have access to the seals!

Our seals were made by hand by Soke!! He would make a complete new set every 3 years. How he made them, can be found in our Densho Scrolls. He made two new sets a year before he passed away...these seals are kept in a bank lock-box!! Sets consist of 5 total seals; that's how many will sit on a certificate.

All certs come from the Hombu once all testing results have been received and verified; average return time: 1 week. That's good, a few years ago, the average return time was 1 month!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!