• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Aiki Jiu jitsu and MMA

Sensei8 of course you would suited for mma, striking and tuite skills are essential for competitive or combatitive fighting.

The only point I am trying to make is that aikijitsu is effective for current combat conditions though I would say that one preparing for the ufc could find more effective training methods as it is not designed for the goal of the tapout

Nothing Worth Having Is Easily Obtained - ESPECIALLY RANK

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
We train joint manipulation hard in Aikido, and it goes much further than the classic Ikkyo to Gokkyo that O Sensei gave us. They can be subtle, gentle and guiding, at other times you hit a wall as the technique is applied; sometimes a sharp pain as the mechanics of your body are used against you.

Well put!

I know what you mean and I agree. And that's exactly the way I was instructed - maybe to a lesser degree but the same spirit. It's the application of physics, for ex. Your whole body doing a tight rotating cork screw vs your opponents wrist or shoulder. And Though you should have he control to stop way short of doing any damage in class, we were taught to disengage at a point but follow through.

Nothing Worth Having Is Easily Obtained - ESPECIALLY RANK

Aiki is typically meant for use against weapons in a combat situation. MMA is a contest where, hopefully, no one is seriously hurt. Submission requires time to tap, and standing breaks and dislocations don't allow for that. Here's a well executed Akijutsu- type technique in an MMA fight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMKoRa-FxYs

WARNING: it's nasty. Not the kind of thing you want to do to someone in order to win a sporting event. Better to train sport specific if sporting success is the goal.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

Sensei8 of course you would suited for mma, striking and tuite skills are essential for competitive or combatitive fighting.

The only point I am trying to make is that aikijitsu is effective for current combat conditions though I would say that one preparing for the ufc could find more effective training methods as it is not designed for the goal of the tapout

I agree with your point!! Well said!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!