• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gift Ideas for a Sensei that goes above and beyond

Maybe it's just me but I always like to get something that's not MA related as unless there was something specific I knew they wanted, I figure they've already got it or have plans to get it.

If it were me I'd have love to have received a folding life like Gareth mentioned. It's something you're likely to always carry with you and nowadays it's easy to get them engraved or etched.

Maybe the Datsura bag?

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the Spyderco folders are really functional and beautiful. SOG has some nice fixed blades that are affordable and solid construction. CRKT has some innovative designs as well with an eye towards function as well.

Those are some of the one that jump to mind that are affordable and worthwhile.

If you are looking at something to show your appreciation, and perhaps the appreciation of the entire school for his dedication, perhaps getting a plaque made up would suffice? Perhaps something with a picture of the students in the club on it, and a nice piece of written appreciation? Something to kick around, as well.

The knife is a good idea, too.

Your Sensei is no stranger to you, therefore, I believe that you know what things he truly likes and holds dear to his heart...go with your gut because it's the thought that counts, and not the gift. Imho.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

nice knife ideas?

A Damascus steel tanto is a nice choice personally, but I go with the other posters said in that you know him/her better than any of us, so can make a better informed decision.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

How about a large, framed photo of the black belts, or all the students, with a wide mat where people can write a sentence or paragraph expressing their appreciation for him being in their lives?
That's a good idea. Something they can hang on their wall forever.