• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Near Side Arm Bar from Knee In Recap

This week our group spent it's time on an "Arm Bar Clinic."

We spent all week looking at this core attack from multiple positions. From my perspective, all arm bars work based on about 5 principles. If you do these, you greatly increase you're chances of completing one successfully.

We talk about them a bit as we recap the near side arm bar from knee in:

Enjoy!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Another fantastic tutorial, Alex!!

What Alex does from 2:10 in this tutorial is what I'd be concerned with if my opponent is "too fat to mount". I ride the chest more than the stomach, in this regard for the time I need.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Again another great lesson. I like that you use the windshield wiper motion to transition from mount to knee on belly and you give the detail of why to do so. I see a lot of people miss this and always get caught in half guard and wonder why. Also the weave you do with the leg under the shoulder, again a lot of folks think you have to have both legs over to finish the arm bar. I personally prefer the foot under the shoulder to block the up due to being able to wedge them up onto their side.

Again thanks for sharing, you're school is getting quite the little archive to refer to.

Thanks, pitbull! Yes, we're building a pretty good archive. That was part of the intent with our page. Thanks for the props on the details. That's where I really feel that jiu jitsu is made.

Nice. I like your constant reminder about keeping pressure on. Should I be overly concerned with riding my weight on someone with being a bit heavier than some of the others? Or if I grapple with a female? Do you modify anything so that you just don't crush and injure someone?

For my money, no. There is a difference between sinking your weight and just being a jerk about it's application. Good pressure and putting your weight on someone is fine. Dropping all your weight across your forearm while it's resting on someone's jaw is no cool.

But no, just putting your full weight on someone isn't a problem. Now, if it's a new person, I'd suggest giving space just to let them work and not to get them down on training ground.