• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pressure Mount Review

Some alternate tactics to maintain mount using tight pressure. This is one set of tactics that I don't see used a lot, we teach quite a bit with great success and I wanted to share it with you all:

Enjoy!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

As always, a solid tutorial for all who want to improve their ground work, and not just for BJJ practitioners and the like, but for all MAists because one never knows when they'll end up on the ground!!

Thanks for that Alex!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

This was very helpful, thank you.

Checkout my Insta and my original music: https://www.instagram.com/andrewmurphy1992/

Poems, Stories, other Writings: https://andrewsnotebook6.wordpress.com/

Youtube: @AndrewMilesMurphy

I liked that a lot. I think it could become another part of the warmup for out DT club. That would be good drilling to do every class!

I do have a mount question for you, and any other Jits guys with suggestions. What do you do when you are mounted on someone that is bigger, and you can't get your knees to the ground? How do you keep it secure, and keep from getting rolled or swept more easily?

I liked that a lot. I think it could become another part of the warmup for out DT club. That would be good drilling to do every class!

I do have a mount question for you, and any other Jits guys with suggestions. What do you do when you are mounted on someone that is bigger, and you can't get your knees to the ground? How do you keep it secure, and keep from getting rolled or swept more easily?

One option is to open your legs up so as to take a technical mount. The other is to stop trying to hold your opponent on his back.

Jiu Jitsu isn't wrestling. It doesn't matter if your opponent turns his back- you take rear mount. If he defends his back you take full mount. Often when trying so hard to hold an opponent down (especially if they're bigger) you hold yourself to him sweeping yourself in the process. Open your legs a little and let him move where he wants. If he stays flat, attack with a choke, on his side is an armbar, on his stomach is the back mount.

Point being is wherever your opponent goes you always have an option to attack/submit. Don't think so much like hes escaping the mount as much as you're taking the back.

Bushido_man you have several options. As stated above. you have to learn to float on your opponent. Let them move under you giving you a position you can work from. Let the turn up to one side and tae modified mount one knee down and one foot on the floor. I train with a lady that is very good at what my coach calls monkey mount. She uses this for this situation. she puts her feet on your thighs and uses the pressure from that to ride on top. That is one of those things you have to see to understand fully and even be in the position to appreciate it.

pitbull, I've seen that option as well and it is a great answer to bushidoman's questions.

Depending on the anatomy of the individual, the other thing I've utilized quite a bit is moving to a high mount. This gets you're hips up around the clavicle girdle where individuals might not have as much girth. But again, it can be anatomically dependent.

Of course, if you're not able to do either then a positional transition is in order to fit the situation. A modified mount with one foot on the ground or even a movement to side or knee in might be better suited.

Feel your opponent...move with him/her...make changes as they're needed...don't get behind your opponents movements...when he/she moves, you move appropriately. Behind, means that your opponent is now ahead of you and you've no longer minimum control.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!