• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone take a MA journey to a MA motherland?

I keep planning trips to Korea, then something keeps coming up & I need to cancel. I really need to go. 32 years of training, I really need to see more than I have.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sort off, lol. I used to study with a branch of karate called Ni-Sen karate which is an "off-shoot" of Ticky Donovan's Ishinryu karate. While it has roots in Kyokushinkai, Wado-ryu and Shotokan, this style of karate (Ishinryu) was formed in the UK. So didn't really have to go overseas :)

Tang Soo Do: 3rd Dan '18

Shotokan Karate: 2nd Dan '04

Sort off, lol. I used to study with a branch of karate called Ni-Sen karate which is an "off-shoot" of Ticky Donovan's Ishinryu karate. While it has roots in Kyokushinkai, Wado-ryu and Shotokan, this style of karate (Ishinryu) was formed in the UK. So didn't really have to go overseas :)

To the bold type above...

That's a good point!! Sometimes, people forget that there's a lot of "homeland" in their very own backyard. Those who live in area's where their MA homeland is, they're fortunate enough to just walk outside of their door.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 weeks later...