• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I can think of a few terms that we used in the Navy when talking about women...... but I won't post em since I will be forever banned from the forum. hehhe. :dead:

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does this have to do with competitions? lol

Maybe you should start a "Degrading Names for Women" thread. (Right! Like I would allow that. :wink:

yes, i agree, must we continue with this..i'm sure there are other more pleasant topics. :argue:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

Competition is a great way to test yourself in a safe environment. Sometimes competition becomes the soul purpose of training though, and that tends to take away from the effectiveness of an art from a self-defense point of view. I think the less rules in a competition, the more valueable it is and at the same time, there needs to be safety standards set so you can keep training after the match. :up:

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

On 2001-07-18 15:14, thaiboxerken wrote:

Competition is a great way to test yourself in a safe environment. Sometimes competition becomes the soul purpose of training though, and that tends to take away from the effectiveness of an art from a self-defense point of view. I think the less rules in a competition, the more valueable it is and at the same time, there needs to be safety standards set so you can keep training after the match. :up:

Well said, I agree with this... very well said and good perspective about it too. Good deal. :-)

Regards,

Tim Greer -> admin@chatbase.com | Phone: 530-222-7244

I study any and every style and I'm always looking to spar!!

Also, if I'm not around for a while, I'm just away training. :-)

Thanks. Remember, competition is merely another training and testing method. A jab can be taught or modified to be an eye-jab. A front kick to the gut can be modified to the groin. Weapons are easily adapted to empty hand applications and vice versa. It all ties in together.

Tactics, Training and Technique this is the "motto" of my new self defense system "RTS- Rhino Tactical Systems".

In Scottsdale, AZ, in about a year, we will have a 40,000 square foot facility that will include hand to hand and firearm facitlities, including merchandise, gun ranges and a dojo. I'm excited about it, it will be the biggest public facility of it's kind in the world, as far as I know.

Sounds hardcaw ken! If i ever take a trip to the US i'l stop by (i plan on one later in the year with some buddies).

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

Great, the facility should be up and running by this time next year. Ground-breaking is starting in January. Look forward to seeing ya.