• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Side Mount Transition Video

Tallgeese I tried your way of knee on belly this morning during sparring. I must say I'll be adding this variation to my game. Thank you sir. I'll have to confess that it was a lot more stable than I thought it was going to be. And it seems to really lock you into position and not hinder you mobility. Again thanks for the great instructional.

Yup. Knee on belly isn't really knee on belly. It's knee on sternum. I remember when Mario Sperry did it to me. I thought he was going to crush my chest. Worst feeling ever.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Tallgeese I tried your way of knee on belly this morning during sparring. I must say I'll be adding this variation to my game. Thank you sir. I'll have to confess that it was a lot more stable than I thought it was going to be. And it seems to really lock you into position and not hinder you mobility. Again thanks for the great instructional.

Yup. Knee on belly isn't really knee on belly. It's knee on sternum. I remember when Mario Sperry did it to me. I thought he was going to crush my chest. Worst feeling ever.

pitbull, thanks for the kind words and stepping out on a limb and giving it a go. Glad it worked out well for you.

ps1, that's exacly how I think of it. knee on sternum.

Thanks for sharing this video, tallgeese. Very nice, and very detailed. I can see these videos helping my grappling out in the future.

pitbull, thanks for the kind words and stepping out on a limb and giving it a go. Glad it worked out well for you.

ps1, that's exacly how I think of it. knee on sternum.

Slow to comment, but subscribing to the channel to keep up with the videos. Good stuff Tallgeese. We (well, I am) are one of those "occasional" BJJ guys. When PittbullJudoka comes rolling into class talking up your instructional, which I had seen linked, but not watched with the loading time issues I've had making a 5 minute video take about 20 to watch, I knew it was good. I like the details. No, I love details, without them I end up trying muscle things. Which isn't as easy as I approach 40 as it was when I was approaching 20.

I too like the "Knee on Belly" variant. When we started rolling, we used a "standard" knee on belly, with the knee in the belly, foot well away from the body. That changed with time, and Luiz Palhares seminar, we were cutting across the hips, with the foot acting as a stop at the near side hip. I like the "laces in" change and the knee position. The mention of the mobility and awareness advantages for self-defense are good too sir. Very good video.

Lastly, I like the knee position, elevating the near side shoulder and head. Looks like it would steal a lot of the opponent's mobility. Sort of the way the shin wedge in a judo style arm bar does. Thank you for the great tutorial.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

Thanks! Means a lot. We're going to try to keep putting good, technical material out.