• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Starting your day with a Karate workout.

Melau

I've tried doing just that several times, but I'm dead in the morning. I wake up over an hour before I need to be out the door as it is just because I need time for my coffee to take effect before I can even get dressed. :lol: I really wish I could do that.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm the same, dead in the morning, until I find a cup of coffee I'm pretty much a mindless drone. After my coffee though I will stretch out but nothing more really.

On Wednesdays I schedule a personal lesson at my dojo around 10:30AM, by this time I'm some-what functional.

I'm a much bigger fan of late evening trainings, perhaps because I'm a night owl but around 5:30PM-7:30PM I find I can train a lot harder and feel the fatigue much less.

Recently I learned Tensho I think I might start doing it in the mornings after stretching, not much room needed unlike the other Shotokan katas I have learned.

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea, thank you! I have been taking karate for close to a year now, and I also work full time and have young kids. I've managed to fit in 3-4 karate classes a week, but practicing at home...that's tougher to fit in!! I really like the idea of just an extra 15 minutes in the morning. I think I can manage that. I will give this a try!