• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokushin training

Glen Vassallo

Thanks guys for your replies. But can anyone guide me if the belts that my son achieved so far are valid? Thanks again

This is true at any age but more so at 7 years old, the belt color is insignificant. The goal should be to find him the best teacher that you reasonably can. Then, with hard work and perseverance the belts will come. :)

To quote the great Bob Marley: "LOVE IS MY RELIGION"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

(EDIT - I re-read and realised my wording implied other styles may bash Kyokushin, whereas I meant that some Kyokushin factions may bash other Kyokushin factions - sorry for any ambiguity)

I would be wary of any advice from another kyokushin body here.

It can be an unfortunate fact that some organisations will try to slander others.

Does the current instructor have affiliations to any IKO organisation?

This is the first question I would ask, as there are several now that are all legitimate (IKO1 Matsui, IKO5 Matsushima, etc).

If the answer is yes, then he is likely to be a legitimate instructor, and your childs belt/grade will be valid within the wider kyokushin circles around the world.

If the answer is no, then I would be probing deeper into his background in the martial arts.

A Black belt in Kyokushin is not an easy task, and so it is normally fairly easy to tell if someone is legitimate.

None-the-less, you said your boy did well in two tournaments, so the instruction can't be too bad as the level of competition in those tournaments can be quite fierce!

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."