• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Post videos of yourself performing any technique!

I was waiting for Pinan 4 and 5, Oshishinobu. I love seeing different versions/variations of kata I practice.

I got talked into competing in June by my 5 year old daughter. Going to do kata and kumite (point fighting) in Seido's 40th anniversary tournament. I wouldn't do it, but there will be people from Seido dojos from all over the world, so it should get interesting. And my daughters are too cute to say no to (other than when it's detrimental to their wellbeing).

I have to figure out how to post videos to YouTube, just as importantly keep them private and turn off comments. It would be good to get some feedback from people who I don't train with.

Gotta figure out which kata too. I can't do kata above my rank, so Saiha and Seiunchin (my favorite katas) are out. I've done Pinan 3 in a tournament before, so I'm leaning toward Pinan 4. I'm thinking Gekisai Dai, but it's a lot easier for me; I'd rather do a more personally challenging one.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was waiting for Pinan 4 and 5, Oshishinobu. I love seeing different versions/variations of kata I practice.

I got talked into competing in June by my 5 year old daughter. Going to do kata and kumite (point fighting) in Seido's 40th anniversary tournament. I wouldn't do it, but there will be people from Seido dojos from all over the world, so it should get interesting. And my daughters are too cute to say no to (other than when it's detrimental to their wellbeing).

I have to figure out how to post videos to YouTube, just as importantly keep them private and turn off comments. It would be good to get some feedback from people who I don't train with.

Gotta figure out which kata too. I can't do kata above my rank, so Saiha and Seiunchin (my favorite katas) are out. I've done Pinan 3 in a tournament before, so I'm leaning toward Pinan 4. I'm thinking Gekisai Dai, but it's a lot easier for me; I'd rather do a more personally challenging one.

yeah go for I tried my first open tournament a few years ago and I tell ya it is an addiction getting ready for the same tournament again this year plan on trying weapons this time going to try this one out in the weapons kata,

this is an early version I need to make a new recording but I love doing bassaidai with a bo. Putting them on you tube is actually pretty easy and setting the privacy is just a click if I remember correctly. I use my phone most times. Gekisai dai ichi is a neat kata despite it being a relativity basic it looks nice too. OSU!

The tournament I'm competing in is a closed tournament; it's Seido Juku only. Being the 40th anniversary of Seido's founding, there's a week-long event with a tournament at the end. There'll be people from Seido dojos all over the world, so it's a good thing.

I competed in a few open AAU tournaments and a knockdown tournament during my first karate stint about 17 years ago. I got turned off to point fighting after 3 times.

The preparation for it was far better than competing IMO.

We don't do Gekisai Dai ichi and ni in Seido; our Gekisai Dai is Kyokushin's Gekisai Dai that Mas Oyama taught from his Goju days. It's pretty much Gekisai Dai ichi.

I like Gekisai Dai more than Pinan 4, but Pinan 4 is physically harder. Higher risk, higher reward IMO.

When I get closer, I'll video myself then consult you and the rest of the crew for posting directions.

The tournament I'm competing in is a closed tournament; it's Seido Juku only. Being the 40th anniversary of Seido's founding, there's a week-long event with a tournament at the end. There'll be people from Seido dojos all over the world, so it's a good thing.

I competed in a few open AAU tournaments and a knockdown tournament during my first karate stint about 17 years ago. I got turned off to point fighting after 3 times.

The preparation for it was far better than competing IMO.

We don't do Gekisai Dai ichi and ni in Seido; our Gekisai Dai is Kyokushin's Gekisai Dai that Mas Oyama taught from his Goju days. It's pretty much Gekisai Dai ichi.

I like Gekisai Dai more than Pinan 4, but Pinan 4 is physically harder. Higher risk, higher reward IMO.

When I get closer, I'll video myself then consult you and the rest of the crew for posting directions.

sounds good to me. Seido always looked fun, always liked knock down. sadly the closest dojo is a 50 min drive. That sounds like fun I absolutely love getting ready for a tourni but I know what you mean they are never as much fun. That sounds interesting I know I have seen the Goju Gekisai ichi and such but I have to find the Kyokushin version. OSU!

YouTube has all Kyokushin kata.

Seido isn't full contact any more. Some dojos focus a lot on point fighting, but mine doesn't. We basically do knockdown, but with protective gear on.

The system I used to be in did bare knuckle and padded continuous kumite. With gear on, some people hit harder than when we didn't wear it. The same is true in my current dojo. It all depends on who you're sparring against.

YouTube has all Kyokushin kata.

Seido isn't full contact any more. Some dojos focus a lot on point fighting, but mine doesn't. We basically do knockdown, but with protective gear on.

The system I used to be in did bare knuckle and padded continuous kumite. With gear on, some people hit harder than when we didn't wear it. The same is true in my current dojo. It all depends on who you're sparring against.

OSU! sounds fun either way. Personally I am not a big fan of point fighting but it is fun at times. OSU!

I went to Thailand and picked a fight a recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sUuXpAf-RA

I'm the one who has 99.9% reflectivity with the stadium lights.

Checkout my Insta and my original music: https://www.instagram.com/andrewmurphy1992/

Poems, Stories, other Writings: https://andrewsnotebook6.wordpress.com/

Youtube: @AndrewMilesMurphy

That's really cool!

JR, if you post to YouTube, you can edit your upload, and mark it as private. Then only those you share the link with can view it. But, if you share it here, anyone viewing this page can view it.

That's really cool!

JR, if you post to YouTube, you can edit your upload, and mark it as private. Then only those you share the link with can view it. But, if you share it here, anyone viewing this page can view it.

Thanks. I thought it was something like that, which I'm ok with. I just don't want it showing up in anyone's search, and I don't want the absurdity that goes with the comments. No idea how the comments aren't moderated somehow.