• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello!

Michela.

Hello everyone. My name is Michelle I am from NY. I started Shotokan Karate when I was about six years old and trained my way up to a purple belt. In the middle of my training to receive my first degree brown belt, I unfortunately broke my arm. It was not a terrible break, but I never returned to Karate. years later at 21 I decided I wanted to get back into Karate. I had always missed it. I started to get back into it by taking a class in college. There I trained in Shito Ryu twice a week. I enjoyed the style but noticed, even after all these years, my body still remembered Shotokan movements that my Shito Ryu Sensei often pointed out (not in a bad way) So now at 22 I have gone back to my old Dojo and Sensei from when I was 6 years old and I wish I had not waited this long. I am having a wonderful time. Starting from white again, but I am really excited for the new journey.

Well that's my story. Osu.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome back to karate, and welcome to the forum!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Hey Michelle! Welcome to our community. Thank you for sharing your story. :)

Patrick

I've been a white belt four times! It's not a step back, it can be liberating. Welcome and good luck with your training.

Look to the far mountain and see all.