• advertisement_alt

Your ideal karate gi

Have you found the 'ideal' gi?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Have you found the 'ideal' gi?

• Still Searching!
    • Yes!

OSU!

There are lines that when taken out of context can be......HILARIOUS !!!

I think this qualifies!

Sorry couldn't resist - if I've broken a user guideline I'm very very sorry !!! :)

:D

OSU!

P.S.: Guidelines??!?? :-? :D

Just Karate

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

So; for me I would suggest a few things for a product;

1. The ability to order a jacket and trousers of different sizes. This is usually why I have to modify many of my Gi, due to my build I either find the trousers are too short, or the jacket is too tight around the shoulders.

2. Consider building in adjust-ability. I often roll up, or cut, the sleeves and leggings to get the cut I want. I do not imagine I am alone in this; I would consider a design that takes this into account.

3. Offer a mix of materials; some times you want a material which breathes easier because of the heat. Sometimes you want something that doesn't allow too much heat to leave the body due to it being cold weather. I would say a choice of materials would be a step forward.

Not sure if this thread is still going but I'd like to comment that it might also be worth having the ability to order different colours for the the jacket and trousers.

My dojo uses a white jacket and black trousers and so far, I haven't found many places that make it easy to order a uniform like this. Assuming you'll have both white and black gi available, providing flexibility might help some people.

Thanks.

"You must first have the knowledge of your power, second, the courage to dare, third, the faith to do."

Charles Haneel, Master Key System, 1912.

I suppose I've never found my favorite gi yet because I'm still buying gi's, whether I need them or not. Like a mechanic who buys more tools whether he/she needs them or not.

:P

**Proof is on the floor!!!