• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

training alone

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Practice them in the air at various speeds. To work on balance try doing multiple kicks off one leg, without putting your leg down in between the kicks. Then swap and do the other side.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

For balance, try working some front, back, and side kicks from a flamingo position. Make up kicking combinations and do as many as you can without touching down. Also try it with your eyes closed. Good luck!

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

I practice my blocks in a doorway, say the door way into my bathroom. I stand in the middle and move thru them like actual combat. The frame helps to give a good sense of where you zone should actually be, and the frame also gives the ablity to appoximate how much force I should put in to the block

Hope this helps

In search of the Temple of Light

yeh i recomend doing kicks off one leg without touching down.

try front kick, round kick, then side kick. then try front kick, side kick, back kick but make the side kick out to the side and the back kick to the back.

as for blocks maybe you could ask a member of your family to do different strikes at you?

• 2 weeks later...

parries/blocking: shadow boxing works for me. if u could get access to a wing chun fighting dummy that would also be awesome

one legged squats are excellent for balance and leg strength/conditioning workouts. try to stretch ur leg out real far and bend down as far as u could and get up.

We will swing a bag and work pushing or sweeping type blocks while moving and dodging it. Its not as good as sparring but if you alone you do the best with what you have.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."