• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi all

I've been invited by a fellow martial artist I've got to know on the seminars to a Hojojitsu seminar in October. It sounds really interesting. The invite I got describes it as a rope restrain art. I must admit I had never heard of this before and it generally intrigues me.

Has anyone here tried it, and if so what are your thoughts on it?

All the best.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I love it because its possibilities are endless by ones imagination. However, its effectiveness is questionable because your opponents going to be very combative against being tied up.

Nonetheless, I believe that it transitions excellent with Tuite and the like minus the rope or whatever else one can use.

Try it, you'll enjoy it!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

You can see Hojojitsu in movies, like "The Transporter" with Jason Statham, just to mention one.

Please let us know how the seminar went for you.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

It's fun to train. I recommend it. I've been to several seminars on the art. It actually dates back quite a while.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

I love it because its possibilities are endless by ones imagination. However, its effectiveness is questionable because your opponents going to be very combative against being tied up.

The point of tying up would be similar to how LEO's do it today i.e. you would have immobilised your opponent first.

You may also have a razor sharp kodachi across his throat...

People tend to be more compliant in these circumstances.

K.

Usque ad mortem bibendum!

It's fun to train. I recommend it. I've been to several seminars on the art. It actually dates back quite a while.

It certainly does.

It's hard to put a date on it, because as long as there has been battles there has been restraining and tying techniques.

As part of codified syllabus it was included in Takenouchi-ryu which dates back to early 16th century.

As the first hand to hand combat systems it's safe to say that their hojojutsu is amoungst the oldest practiced in Japan.

K.

Edited by Kusotare

Usque ad mortem bibendum!