• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

10000 karate punches everyday

VACAJAIRO

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Firstly, welcome to KF!

That sounds intense! However, I wouldn't suggest it. Throwing 10000 punches won't necessarily increase your skill and as you get tired it may in fact hurt you. 10000 punches thrown incorrectly will only make it harder to relearn how to throw a proper punch. Instead, try to do 10 good punches 3 to 5 days a week on a bag, it will benefit you far more.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

I'm in complete agreement with Zaine. If you throw 10,000 punches a day, you will be overtraining, which can lead to injury, as well as ingraining bad habits and poor form. 100 to 500 a day is plenty, depending on your skill/fitness level, and even then I don't think it's actually all that necessary to do it every day. ESPECIALLY if those punches are all in the air. You would get more benefit out of hitting a target, like a makiwara, punching bag, or focus mitt.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Firstly, welcome to KF!

That sounds intense! However, I wouldn't suggest it. Throwing 10000 punches won't necessarily increase your skill and as you get tired it may in fact hurt you. 10000 punches thrown incorrectly will only make it harder to relearn how to throw a proper punch. Instead, try to do 10 good punches 3 to 5 days a week on a bag, it will benefit you far more.

Thank you, dont even thought about that.

I'm in complete agreement with Zaine. If you throw 10,000 punches a day, you will be overtraining, which can lead to injury, as well as ingraining bad habits and poor form. 100 to 500 a day is plenty, depending on your skill/fitness level, and even then I don't think it's actually all that necessary to do it every day. ESPECIALLY if those punches are all in the air. You would get more benefit out of hitting a target, like a makiwara, punching bag, or focus mitt.

Thank you, i think i will do what you and Zaine said, i will hit a target.

Yes, welcome to KF; glad you're here!!

Build yourself up to that point, because 10k punches in one day is...insane.

Wastelander and Zaine have given you some solid advice. Making sure your technique is solid for EACH AND EVERY PUNCH; from the start to the finish.

Stay hydrated! Listen to your body! When your body says something, listen to it. I'd visit a doctor to ensure that my body can tolerate the pounding.

10k in one day...wow. 10k in a month...grueling.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I have done 10,000 punches in a day a few times (maybe 4 or 5 now) as charity challenges.

It was tough and I'll be honest that of the 10,000 maybe only 50 were done with any tension or intent. The rest were just going through the motions and even chatting away to the other people doing the challenge with me to waste away the hours.

The following day I don't think I would even dream of throwing a punch so certainly wouldn't do another 10,000!!!!

10,000 punches will take a few hours to complete too. We usually allowed about 4 hours to give breaks etc

I'm going to say...I don't think ANYONE can do 10,000 punches with intentional focus with EACH and EVERY punch in one day.

Imho.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!