• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Finally, My Eyes Are Open!!

Bob, this is a great topic. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. In what ways did you experience this "aha" moment during your testing cycle?

My "aha" moment came off the floor! Quite reflections can sometimes bring those changes; this is what happened.

In modicum conversations with MAists, both in and out of the Shindokan circle, about a plethora of topics, has started to stir something within me. Things to consider, alas, things to ponder.

This is what awakened this new "aha" moment within me during this years testing cycle.

I will sit within many circles and engage in many conversations during both official and unofficial gatherings during the two week testing cycle at our Hombu. No matter the rank, I'll be in the midst, and often, I'll just listen and keep my big fat mouth shut.

During one of these gatherings, while I was being quite in my voice, I thought about KF. At KF, we've had many conversations about "traditional" this and that. And at times, here at KF, and wherever the subject rears up its head, I can be over enthusiastic and compassion about said subject. As though my way needs to be the one way. Well, of course, that's my stupidity, and not my enthusiastic compassion, at all.

Dai-Soke once said..."The only thing traditional about Shindokan is how it's spelled!" He drilled it in us, but I was like that mouse who refused to seek out new cheese; I was dying inside as a MAist!! I see that now.

So, in the short, Brian, quite reflections is what birthed my new "aha" moment during this years testing cycle. But those quite reflections were encouraged by what others have said on the subject, both in and out of the Shindokan circle.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt