• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Need Help with a bully.

I'm 14 I started doing martial arts when I was 12. The martial art I do is not well known it is called Kata Sei Do. Thats Japanese for Enduring Spirit Martial Arts. Kata Sei Do is a system heavily rooted in Kyokushin Karate. There are, however, influences from other systems such as Krav Maga, Muay Thai, Judo, Jiu-Jitsu, and Boxing. Now this bully he just calls me name says im a wanna be bruce lee stuff like that I wasn't bothered but the other day he went up behind me and tried to strike my neck I saw him strike so I turned around grabed his wrist and twisted while front kicking his private anyways now acording to his facebook he and 5 friends are going to find me on my way home and beat me up. What do i do. I was thinking of getting some of my Kata Sei Do buddies and metting him and ending this once and for all.

"You don't buy a Black Belt, You become a Black Belt." - My Sensei

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I would not advise you to try to fend off a group. Do not do anything to escalate or encourage aggressive behaviour from him. You have already shown him that you are able and willing to defend yourself.

The best solution is to inform adults around you especially your parents and your sensei that you have been threatened. Tell them every detail of the situation and stress that you do not want to fight and are trying to stay out of trouble. Next thing to do is to avoid traveling alone to and from home. Walk with friends from school or your dojo. Plan to use different ways home instead of always the same path. Be unpredictable and hard to follow. This will greatly reduce the chances of the bully acting on his threat.

If and only if you have tried everything to avoid him fails and he still comes after you, hit him hard and RUN as soon as you have an opening to get away. Don't just RUN away from HIM but run to someone to who you can explain what has happened.

I repeat DO NOT meet him or go looking for him. Ignore him unless he is in your personal space and about to attack you. Otherwise it will not be self defense but a fight.

Following on from what Spartacus Maximus has already said depending on what your parents and sensei say, you guys may also want to inform the police. In some areas, threats via sites like facebook are a criminal offence. For example...

http://tbo.com/news/crime/florida-court-threats-via-facebook-are-crimes-b82466165z1

http://www.wigantoday.net/news/local/death-threats-via-facebook-1-6583728

It's not nice to be bullied, considering that - as you have said - he already tried to attack you, so you used self-defence to protect yourself.

I repeat DO NOT meet him or go looking for him. Ignore him unless he is in your personal space and about to attack you. Otherwise it will not be self defense but a fight.
So true!

Tang Soo Do: 3rd Dan '18

Shotokan Karate: 2nd Dan '04

In the present day, I'd say to report the threat and avoid this guy like the plague. These days, you don't know what he may do. When I was younger, all we had to worry about was getting jumped and beat up. Now, people are cowards that resort to guns and weapons.

Report it, be unpredictable, and avoid the guy and his friends at all costs.

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

Walk away; they shout - walk away, they insult - walk away, they provoke - walk away. They lay a hand on you - you have the right to prevent injury to yourself or another innocent person. If you are confronted with a weapon or more than one attacker - run to safety or a public place; if you are cornered - take action to defend yourself. There is no cowardice in running, there is no glory in fighting; that said, stand your ground if you can on this; look to make it clear that you are in the right. Bullies always meet their match in the end; you might not need to do anything. Good Luck.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

The absolute worst case scenario here is if weapons are involved. This bully sound like the typical punk. He has been beat but still thinks he has to be tough. This can be dangerous because guys like that don't know when to stop and can easily escalate things beyond control. That's why it's a good idea to tell people around you what is going on.

If you can get a copy of the Facebook post where he says he will attack you with his friends you have tangible evidence of his plans and it can be used to support what you say. Show that to your parents, your sensei and your school.

Another very good piece of advice is watch out for HIM. Know where he is likely to be and never ever let yourself be distracted when you are out and about. This the same advice I would give anyone wether they are dealing with a specific enemy or just in an unfamiliar place. It's the best way to avoid being surprised by an attack, mugging etc. Awareness of your environment is a fundamental point of self defense. Martial skill is useless if you are easily caught unaware. Even the basest animal knows to lookout for predators but this seems to be a lost sense for most humans living a modern sedentary life.

By all means...report him/them to the proper authorities immediately!! Then, as to the best of your/their abilities, stay away from him/them for the rest of your/their life's!!

Good luck...be safe!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

By all means...report him/them to the proper authorities immediately!! Then, as to the best of your/their abilities, stay away from him/them for the rest of your/their life's!!

Good luck...be safe!!

:)

This is the best advice. Like all others have said, it's best to contact the authorities and walk away from the situation.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

now acording to his facebook he and 5 friends are going to find me on my way home and beat me up.

Save the facebook, screen shot or what ever ! Other than that, follow the advice of the other posters. Report, build the evidence. Then if , IF, you have to physically deal with him, the evidence proves your self defense and the source of the trouble.

If you believe in an ideal. You don't own it ; it owns you.