• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MMA in Ontario, Canada no more?

MMA in Ontario, Canada may be finished after a few unfortunate turn of events. MMA is illegal in the province of Ontario and all MMA tournaments that I and everyone else have competed in could have resulted in arrests (which has happened before). The past few tournaments were a great success and many believed (including me) that the sport will survive, be recognized and respected by the government of Ontario, but this was not to be.

Ken Hayashi is the Ontario Athletic Commissioner and he is the reason that MMA is illegal in Ontario, he has been "cracking" down on the events with the RCMP (Canada's version of the FBI) and has just recently busted a MMA event before it started last week. As a result, at the last second the rules changed in the competition, there was a fighters meeting and it was stated that it HAD to be a point sparring (Karate Style)/grappling event due to Ken Hayashi's apperance, everyone was upset (none of us know how to point spar :lol:), the result was many of the top guys were disqualified for excessive force :roll: by the end of the tournament everyone was disgusted, we just wanted to go home and forget the tournament every happened. Right now the future of our sport is dim, we don't want to point spar we want to fight MMA style, that's why we train hard but the only way to do that now is to move to another province.

Limits Are Not Accepted. They Are Elbowed, Kicked And Punched.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Damn, that sucks, man.

Looks like you have a lot of travelling to do for your MMA events then.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

• 2 months later...
I'm from Ontario, same problem dude...i'm surprised they dun make slamming illegal in grapplign and wrestling events, lol...amateur kickboxing is illegal too. Our government sux big times, everyone knows it. I'd choose bush over cretian any day. Its not fair that quebec can do it and we can't. I think if we got old KEN to practice point sparring fer a while then go against a MMA guy and see how useless he is...maybe he'll change his mind...or we can always do it the old fashioned way...baseball bats anyone? lol, jk

"razor elbows, killer knees, iron fists and monster kicks"

"Nice punch!!!, now let's see how well you punch with a broken arm"

HEY IM A FELLOW CANDIAN AND MY MASTER TEACHES OUT OF TORONTO , HE TEACHES AT KARMA MARTIAL ARTS

WAGNNEY FABIANO, HE HOLDS GRAPPLING TOURNAMENTS EVERY ONCE AND A WHILE, COME ON DOWN TO MONTREAL

THERES MORE TOURNAMENTS THAN I CAN HANDLE

"When we go to the ground,you are in my world, the ground is the ocean, I am the shark,

and most people don't even know how to swim"

• 2 weeks later...