• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Death of Sun Yi's Academy black belt & Kickboxing champ

This past week, Sun Yi's Academy sadly lost a member of its black belt family, Mark Selbee. He was a TTA black belt, and a former Kickboxing Champ under the International Kickboxing Federation. What I was told was that he was at the lake with his kids on a boat, and one of the kids dropped a toy over the side. He went in after it, and drowned. I'm not sure why.

I didn't know him personally, but my instructor came up through the ranks with him, and they competed at a high level at local tournaments for several years. Mr. Selbee went on to compete at a US Open tournament as well, and then into his Kickboxing career. My instructor felt this loss greatly.

RIP. Here is the local new story: http://www.kansascity.com/2014/05/26/5047983/hillsdale-drowning-victim-was.html#

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I used to judge fights for the IKF back in the late 90's-early 2000's. I remember Mark as a good fighter. Very sad, indeed. Prayers for his family & loved ones.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton