• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training Fees

KarateTips

I pay $90.00 Canadian per month. But that includes for two people in our family. It also includes our association fees (which are due annually) and it includes your grading fees and a $50.00 (per person) credit towards a new gi or any equipment you wish to purchase. We can train 6-7 days per week.

:wave: 8)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$35 a week. One class, 1 hour long. $10 of that goes for studio rental. We are a small group and we hold class at a health club. So I guess that ten extra bucks isn't too bad since we get to use the rest of the facility on class days. Indoor pool, jacuzzis, etc.

• 2 years later...

I've had a little bit of a unique experience....

The best instructors I've ever had never charged a dime. I trained at a karate club in college, so we had free use of gym facilities, and the school subsidized purchase of our equipment (gi, pads, weapons, books). Our first instructor didn't charge anything for his time. After our first instructor got a job transfer and had to leave, a second instructor (a Matsumura Orthodox kyoshi 7th dan) volunteered to take over and train us for free. He ran a dojo about 6 miles away in town (and charged roughly $60/month), but drove up to our school two times a week just to work with our club (sometimes at the expense of running class in his dojo). If we wanted more time, he gave us more time...for free. If we wanted to work out anytime in his dojo, he let us do so, once again for free. (The good news is that the school began to pay him after about 2 and a half months of his doing this...so he didn't get the short end of the stick.)

My best friend/training partner and I met another kyoshi 7th dan (Shorin-ryu Shorinkan) who also volunteered to train us...for free. When my friend and I flew out to North Carolina to train with one of the most senior people in our system (a Shorin-ryu Shorinkan kyoshi 8th dan), he paid for our hotel room and all of our meals anytime we ate out with him, gave us a key to his dojo to train anytime we wanted during our visit, and arranged a series of private lessons with himself and with his senior students...for free.

After I graduated from college and moved out to Hawai'i, I was interested in dabbling a little in the internal arts. While I know very little about the internal arts, I've had enough experience to know a good instructor when I see one. I found a bagua instructor who is very skilled and well respected (I mentioned his name in a store once in Chinatown, and everyone in the store knew who he was). He doesn't charge anything...

After a while, I was looking for a place to train traditional karate. Through my best friend who had moved to California I found out about my current instructor who was a "live-in" student of Chosin Chibana. Though my current instructor stopped wearing his rank 20 years ago, in 1965 he was a 6th dan (long but interesting story...). I work out at his dojo whenever possible (he has class every day except Sunday)...for free.

Lucky...yes, I am. :karate:

Do you know who Chosin Chibana is...?

The Chibana Project:

http://chibanaproject.blogspot.com

I've had a little bit of a unique experience....

The best instructors I've ever had never charged a dime. I trained at a karate club in college, so we had free use of gym facilities, and the school subsidized purchase of our equipment (gi, pads, weapons, books). Our first instructor didn't charge anything for his time. After our first instructor got a job transfer and had to leave, a second instructor (a Matsumura Orthodox kyoshi 7th dan) volunteered to take over and train us for free. He ran a dojo about 6 miles away in town (and charged roughly $60/month), but drove up to our school two times a week just to work with our club (sometimes at the expense of running class in his dojo). If we wanted more time, he gave us more time...for free. If we wanted to work out anytime in his dojo, he let us do so, once again for free. (The good news is that the school began to pay him after about 2 and a half months of his doing this...so he didn't get the short end of the stick.)

My best friend/training partner and I met another kyoshi 7th dan (Shorin-ryu Shorinkan) who also volunteered to train us...for free. When my friend and I flew out to North Carolina to train with one of the most senior people in our system (a Shorin-ryu Shorinkan kyoshi 8th dan), he paid for our hotel room and all of our meals anytime we ate out with him, gave us a key to his dojo to train anytime we wanted during our visit, and arranged a series of private lessons with himself and with his senior students...for free.

After I graduated from college and moved out to Hawai'i, I was interested in dabbling a little in the internal arts. While I know very little about the internal arts, I've had enough experience to know a good instructor when I see one. I found a bagua instructor who is very skilled and well respected (I mentioned his name in a store once in Chinatown, and everyone in the store knew who he was). He doesn't charge anything...

After a while, I was looking for a place to train traditional karate. Through my best friend who had moved to California I found out about my current instructor who was a "live-in" student of Chosin Chibana. Though my current instructor stopped wearing his rank 20 years ago, in 1965 he was a 6th dan (long but interesting story...). I work out at his dojo whenever possible (he has class every day except Sunday)...for free.

Lucky...yes, I am. :karate:

Quite literally, ditto on just about everything except for the last two paragraphs. My teacher charges a paltry 20 dollars a month, but I'd gladly pay him more (if I didn't have to spend about 20 dollars roundtrip in gas to get there for one practice which I do 2-3 times a week). While he does charge that small bit, it actually is just to cover the rent for the dance studio we use as our dojo and to purchase dojo equipment. The generosity of all the teachers I have trained with always moves me to this day, even just thinking about it.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

It's usually like 75 a month for us but I am an assistant teacher so that cuts my bill in half.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."