• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training Fees

KarateTips

I pay $70 a month and can choose from 14 classes held on six different days in two different locations. I usually get to three or four a week. All classes are taught by blackbelts fourth degree or higher, unless someone is sick. Class sizes range from 5 to 15 students.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read an article put out by NAPMA that the average ma tuition paid in the US is 65.00 per month.

But you do have to consider just what that includes. If you belong to an organization/union .... are your memberships fees inluded or is that collected yearly. How about test/grading fees? Some schools tack that on to the monthly tuition making it seem rather costly but in reality boils down to the same cost if the test fee was collected prior to each grading.

You also have to take into account how many classes you are entitled to per month. Our tuition is based on 2 x a week at 12 weeks for 179.00 (there are schools on our block that charge that much and more per month!)

Our students are offered an upgrade to a Black Belt club level.... offering more classes in which they can attend if they so desire for a nominal increse in their monthly tuition.

wow id love to be able to train 24/7 like that thai. but unfortuntaly i can only train at the very most 5 hours a week and thats with 3 martial arts! but i only accualy train 3 hours a week and that cost me £46 a month.

Well of coarse I have I job, how else would I afford training?

I don't train everyday, 24/7 that would be crazy and impossible. I train 4-5 days a week and my training time range from 1-3+ hours a day.

Limits Are Not Accepted. They Are Elbowed, Kicked And Punched.

I find the "black belt club" phenomenon disturbing. It places emphasis on the Black belt as an ending, rather than a beginning.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

The club I recently signed up for cost me $69.95/month

Bit of money however they have three afternoon classes to give shift/night workers classes and also 3 night classes a week. The instructer and his wife run the club and are both great people. So I must say this has so far been a great experience.

I was in Martial Arts at the YMCA and the ins. was great, but it was 2 nights a week, and one night advanced work. No flexibility at all, so thats why I am happy to have found a club in my area to have a few classes offered at different times.

J.