• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training Fees

KarateTips

How much do you pay per month for your karate training fees?

How much do you think you should pay? (yes, I know... $0 would be good) Do you think what you pay is reasonable or unreasonable?

Jason Stanley

https://www.karatetools.com

---------------------------------------------------

Manage your dojo from anywhere 24/7!

---------------------------------------------------

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 40-60 dollars a month is a good price. 90-100 a month is okay if the studio is really good... like with two big rooms, an office, changing rooms, bathroom, good equipment... etc. Because those cost taxes. but you dont really need fancy equipment or anything...

good... like with two big rooms, an office, changing rooms, bathroom, good equipment... etc.

My dojo has all this except we have one giant room rather then two big ones, and I only pay $400 canadian a year for karate training, not to mention we get great instruction :wink:

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

Just depends on where you are and who is teaching. Classes from Chuck Norris are going to cost more than classes from Joe Karate.

I am from WV and have never paid more than 40.00 a month for classes. However people on here pay over 100.00 a week.

So its hard to really say. Look at the status of your community (rich middles class or poor). See who is teaching and how much other people think of them. Then look at the umber of classes being taught.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

It really depends on if you think it is worth it and if it fits your budget and schedule. I pay 75-$80 a month. I can take classes 6 days a week if I choose.(I do 4) Im quite pleased with my instruction and I enjoy the group I train with. It really is a personal decision.

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

Those are some outrageous fees, I know I'd never pay that much for instruction.

Right now, at the Wing Chun club, I payed $120 for 8 months of instruction, but that was a special student's price. I think the regular is something like $30 or $35 a month. At the Aki Jujitsu club I'm at in the summers I pay $20 a month.

Personally, I like the $20 a month idea. It's affordable and I really don't need a giant training hall to learn well anyway.

My first Dojo charged $65.00/month. it still does (no change from 1981-now :) ). A school I know of in Seattle charges $100.00/Month. Some of the "take One's Dough Korean Kuhruddy" schools here in Maryland charge over $200.00/month. Sigh :(

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

• 3 weeks later...
Our dojo prices are $75 but we have two dojo's and a kickboxing school nextdoor you can join for 15 if you sign up for karate. And we have 25 classes a week, Shihan teaches 15 and other BB's teach the others.

"Which one is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi