• advertisement_alt

EFC any good?

Used them. Poor customer service  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Used them. Poor customer service

• Never used them
    • Used them, too expensive
    • Used them, didnt deliver on promises

Has/ Does anyone here use EFC for their billing company? The advertise that they do marketing as well. I have read alot of reviews and they seem very mixed. The BBB gives them an A+ rating. They have 80 complaints over the last 3 years. But that represents less than 1/2 of a percent of their clients.

Just looking for more opinions. Thanks

Also, i dont want to hear about what someone else says. I want to hear your own personal experiences; either as a student or as an owner.

Again, thank you.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The last gym I trained at used them and there were never any problems. In fact, when I had to use their customer service to move payment option due to a lost credit card it was very professional and far less of a hassle than anticipated.

That's been the minimal extent of my exposure to them.

I've never used them, nor have I ever used any billing service. Why? I've eliminated the middle man entirely from my life. I can do what they say they can do much better than they can ever imagine: and I'm free!!

I don't want to spend unnecessarily, and imho, having a billing service is taking away from the bottom line. Besides, I don't want to clutter up my P&L statement, and I've learned a long time ago that the less hands that are dipping into my P&L, the far better, and healthier my dojo's finance will be.

Beyond that, I've never used contract, and it seems that billing services and contracts work hand in hand. I might be misunderstanding in my understanding about these type of things, but, I don't use either, nonetheless.

And what your OP's first paragraph speaks about is to be expected, imho. Why? They promise the world, but they seem to only deliver the part of the world that's inhabitable, especially from the P&L side of the world. The BBB gives everyone an A+ rating providing that said member has paid their dues: their financial dues to the BBB. Complaints are unavoidable! Why? You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time!!

I've operated my own dojo since 1977, and I've done it successfully without the middle man and/or the like. Managing the dojo's needs and wants must be done on a tight rope, so to speak, in order to keep the doors open longer than a season. Being proactive with ones dojo's finances, imho, begins by eliminating any and all subjective middle man.

As simple as this sounds, imho, if one can manage their own personal finances by oneself, and do it successfully month and month, and year after year, then one can easily manage their dojo finances themselves without any type of middle man in the equation.

What works for one isn't for others, billing services and the like included. I don't fault those that use billing services, it's just not my cup of tea; leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Ok, back to my corner I go!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Thanks guys. Sensei 8. Its really not the billing im interested in. Its the marketing. I work full time and dont have time to go grass roots like i should.

Forced to use them when part of a large association-never had a problem with the customer service aspect but...you do have to pay for the marketing materials and they don't market for you. They take a big chunk of your monthly income too-and there are other billing companies out there that do it for much less.

Personally, I think schools are better off marketing themselves through media that shows what their students are doing not what every other cookie cutter school is doing. What are your students accomplishing through their training? What are you/they doing in your community? Get your students to do the marketing for you by talking up the benefits they have seen in their own lives to those within their circle of influence. Be transparent in your advertising and how you present your school to prospective students-EFC will counsel you otherwise and you will pay for it in more ways than just cash. JMO.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Thanks guys. Sensei 8. Its really not the billing im interested in. Its the marketing. I work full time and dont have time to go grass roots like i should.

Same thing...billing and/or marketing. I've eliminated all forms of the middle-man because the money I'd pay for their services, I could've used that money for something much more beneficial to the dojo and/or the student body.

As far as the grass roots, possibly you can have students, family, and friends help you with the marketing. That includes, developing the market tools as needed yourself with their help, and then distribute said items when they'd be most advantageous for you.

My advice, walk away from the middle-man as often as possible.

Forced to use them when part of a large association-never had a problem with the customer service aspect but...you do have to pay for the marketing materials and they don't market for you. They take a big chunk of your monthly income too-and there are other billing companies out there that do it for much less.

Personally, I think schools are better off marketing themselves through media that shows what their students are doing not what every other cookie cutter school is doing. What are your students accomplishing through their training? What are you/they doing in your community? Get your students to do the marketing for you by talking up the benefits they have seen in their own lives to those within their circle of influence. Be transparent in your advertising and how you present your school to prospective students-EFC will counsel you otherwise and you will pay for it in more ways than just cash. JMO.

8)

Solid post!!

Same thing...billing and/or marketing. I've eliminated all forms of the middle-man because the money I'd pay for their services, I could've used that money for something much more beneficial to the dojo and/or the student body.

As far as the grass roots, possibly you can have students, family, and friends help you with the marketing. That includes, developing the market tools as needed yourself with their help, and then distribute said items when they'd be most advantageous for you.

My advice, walk away from the middle-man as often as possible.

I agree with you. I've started getting some of my student on thing such as building spreadsheets that will help me track metrics. I also have some of them going around town doing some more grass roots things.

I decided not to go with EFC. I just couldn't see why they were charging so much. It turns out they were just facilitating the use of another marketing company, which is just an SEO company. So that wasn't terribly useful to me either.