• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

"Kickboxer" to be remade, starring GSP

I'd love to see that! I'm a big fan of GSP!

"Karate doesnt teach me to fight, it teaches me to solve my problems. Physically, mentally, and spiritually."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Not that I don't think it would be a good movie.... But why do they have to always remake the classics instead of developing their own story.

I hate when they mess with the classics, they NEVER turn out as good. I grew up watching The Karate Kid, so was horrified when I heard they were re-making it. I point blank refuse to watch it, mainly because it's not even Karate he learns, it's Kung Fu!! Not that I have a problem with Kung Fu, but when KARATE is in the title, then it's KARATE that should be the focus of the film.

I have the same kind of dread for this film although I'll probably give it a chance. Given that it's to be part of a franchise, I don't hold out much hope, sequels/trilogies rarely turn out any good (LOTR aside).

I just hope Bloodsport and Enter the Dragon are left well alone and never remade.

M.

Kung fu kid was a movie following the plot of the karate kid, but with kung fu. it was released as karate kid in the west because it was a known title. still stupid IMO, but the movie itself is pretty good. I liked it better than the original karate kid on every front.