• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

"Kickboxer" to be remade, starring GSP

Found this article: http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/443876/JCVDs-Kickboxer-to-be-remade-starring-GSP

It appears that Kickboxer is to be remade, featuring GSP. It sounds like the plot will be different than the JCVD original, but it still has potential, I think.

Thoughts?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Man, I just came in here to start this thread!!

The original was part of my inspiration to get into the MA's.

A bit of trivia- JCVD and "Tong Po" have actually been best friends for a long time. If you watch closely, in the movie "Breakin'", both are shown side by side in the crowd at the beach while the dancers are "breakin".

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

Not that I don't think it would be a good movie.... But why do they have to always remake the classics instead of developing their own story.

... this Kickboxer will be the start of an amazing franchise.

Sounds like we're getting more than one.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Not that I don't think it would be a good movie.... But why do they have to always remake the classics instead of developing their own story.

I hate when they mess with the classics, they NEVER turn out as good. I grew up watching The Karate Kid, so was horrified when I heard they were re-making it. I point blank refuse to watch it, mainly because it's not even Karate he learns, it's Kung Fu!! Not that I have a problem with Kung Fu, but when KARATE is in the title, then it's KARATE that should be the focus of the film.

I have the same kind of dread for this film although I'll probably give it a chance. Given that it's to be part of a franchise, I don't hold out much hope, sequels/trilogies rarely turn out any good (LOTR aside).

I just hope Bloodsport and Enter the Dragon are left well alone and never remade.

M.

Be water, my friend.

I loved that movie. It's one of the reasons I started MA. It was also the first time I heard (in detail) about Muay Thai. (Saw it briefly in Bloodsport with Paco). I don't think they can improve upon it. The only thing wrong with the original was some editing in the end fight.

I do love GSP though, so I'm sure I'll watch it!

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

I think he was just worn out! He has OCD pretty bad, and he said that being at that level for so long took a mental toll on him. So he took a break. And he found that acting is something he enjoyed. Personally, I hope he stays retired and lives his life to the fullest!

I love him as a MAist because he is respectful.

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others