• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Owasso Police Buy Bike For Teen

sensei8

That teen is my 19 year old son, Nathan. He's a special needs adult.

Well, please check out the video link below...

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Owasso-police-purchase-new-bike-for-teen/Y8D0hRa7i0GZiVfmOUFdDA.cspx

A picture is worth a thousand words, however I'm at lose for just the right words to speak about this, except, Thank you!! This is the second time that Owasso came to help Nathan...

http://www.karateforums.com/nathan-dresses-out-vt44506.html?highlight=dress+nathan

I'd like to thank each and every business in Owasso and the Owasso Police Department for coming to the unexpected aide of our son, Nathan, once again. It was unexpected because all I did file a police report with the Owasso Police after Nathan's bike was stolen.

I didn't solicit anyone and/or any business when this happened. I just filed a police report like anyone does when they've had something stolen from them!!

Sad thing was when I was told by a neighbor, afterword..."You've opened a can of worms. Do you think that your son is the only one who's ever had a bike stolen? Selfish!!" Huh? I filed a report to the police, nothing more. I didn't call Channel 23, or anybody!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

That's an awesome story Bob! Thanks for sharing! It's really good to see a community rally around anybody and let the neighbor guffaw, if they can't see the value in this then that's a pretty sad thing for them.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

What a lovely thing for the police to do!! Just when my faith in humanity starts to drop, something like this happens to restore it. A lovely selfless thing to do. As for your neighbour, forget them. Some folk just can't see the goodness in anything without passing some kind of negative comment. I hope your son is enjoyinging being back on two wheels.

Thanks for sharing this with us. :)

M.

Be water, my friend.

Zaine and mazzybear,

Thank you, both, for your kind and supportive words; means a lot to Nathan and myself. And yes, he's enjoying be mobile once again, no matter the weather!!

:D

That's an awesome story, Bob. Thanks for sharing it. You did great on camera, as well.

The neighbor's point can be extrapolated to mean the following: because there are so many people to help, you should never help anyone. It would be a shame if that was how everyone proceeded in life.

Patrick

Thank you for the kind words. I almost didn't want to be on camera because as I get older, I stumble through a simple sentence, but, it came out well, for what they aired in the time constraints!!

As far as the neighbor, I'm still shocked!! Great point you make, nonetheless. Thanks!!

That's a pretty awesome story Bob. Sounds like you have a great local community.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Thank you Brian and Danielle for your kind words. And yeah, our little community is unlike I've ever lived in before; I'm lucky in that regards.