• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

GM Passed Away!!

This post is a belated announcement, in such. GM Young Ik Suh passed away October 2013. My belated prayers and sympathy go out to his family, friends, and students; he will be greatly missed.

http://burbankmartialarts.net/?p=825

Through the above link, one, if interested, could learn much more about him in the many words written about him in one article after another. Better to be told by those who knew him far better than I did.

GM Young Ik Suh was my TKD instructor while I was attending the Burbank High School, Burbank, California, this was in 1974-1975. His skills in TKD were the most profound for me to witness, and those memories still burn bright in my mind as though I was witnessing them for the first time today.

His humor was infectious, yet at times, purposeful. His teaching skills emanated from on high; direct, to say the least. His TKD skills were extraordinary. I still can see his head rubbing the ceiling tiles with each and every flying side kick. And his piercing kiai; still sends shivers down my spine.

It was a short year that I was under his guidance, but an unforgettable year it was. His teachings added greatly to my MA betterment, and in that, his teachings accentuated Shindokan, then, and still does today!!

I bow to him; my teacher, and my friend. Without him I would've not known the awesome power that is TKD!! We kept in touch for many, many years, but in time, we parted the familiarity that we shared, and I'm still wondering where the Kung-Fu part of his life emerged because I only knew him as a TKD GM!!

Be at peace, my friend!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thank you all for your kind words; they mean the world to me!! Another empty chair in my life!!

:(

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Thank you for sharing. I was recently asked what I value most about MA. It's impossible to pick any one thing, but, one of them is the many great relationships developed along the way. Here's to you and your GM!

:bowofrespect:

To quote the great Bob Marley: "LOVE IS MY RELIGION"

• 1 month later...