• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Your Proudest Moment as a Martial Artist

For me, it was being the first Shodan in my school. I never felt that anybody really believed that I had what it took (as far as my fellow practitioners went). I was never the favorite or the highest rank but I stuck it through and not only achieved Shodan but was the first within the organization to do so. It meant a lot to me in a very egotistical, not very sportsman like way. It was a win that I could be very selfish about because I did it through hard work and I like to think that I was very humble about my victory. At least in public.

i don't seem to remember you being as humble about it with me, lol

My proudest moment was my Shodan test. i broke my foot two days before during a kyu rank test. me and Zaine's instructor told me that i could test with a broken foot or wait 6 months, what would you choose? I was also told if i wrapped it all opponents would be directed to attack it. at the beginning of my test i was told in private that no one would be made aware it was broken as my teacher didn't want any ease of grading from mt test board. i completed all requirements fpr my test and was standing before the board when my teacher finally announced that i had completed my test with a broken foot. after he said what he needed to each member was given a chance to give feedback and ask me any questions they needed to. that's when it happened. Sifu Charles Rice said to me "this entire test i tried to find sonething wrong, and i couldn't. And now to know that you had a broken foot amazes me more." I will never forget that feeling that came over me. nothing in my martial arts life will ever top that. to be told good job by this man would have been great but those words were truly special.

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic