• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chuck Norris talks MMA what-if's, also Bruce Lee

I started to do some fishing for the years between 1964 and and 1974, a ten year period during which Norris appeared to have done most of his competing. Dan Gable's name came up, but it appears he must have Wrestled at 150 lbs, so a bit outside of Chuck's weight class.

• 6 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started to do some fishing for the years between 1964 and and 1974, a ten year period during which Norris appeared to have done most of his competing. Dan Gable's name came up, but it appears he must have Wrestled at 150 lbs, so a bit outside of Chuck's weight class.

Dan Gable would be a good addition! Yes, their times were before UFC, but I think weight divisions would've been like UFC was when the UFC first started...there was no weight divisions to worry about.

Steve "Nasty" Anderson or John Natividad or Benny "The Jet" Urquidez, to name just a few from those circa's who would've done well, imho!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've heard and seen, Lee and Norris probably would have done pretty well in MMA careers. Only thing I'd be concerned about is their ground game. This could just be a lack of exposure on my part, but I haven't seen a great deal of ground work in either of their styles.

Thanks for sharing

Van

From what I've heard and seen, Lee and Norris probably would have done pretty well in MMA careers. Only thing I'd be concerned about is their ground game. This could just be a lack of exposure on my part, but I haven't seen a great deal of ground work in either of their styles.

Thanks for sharing

Excellent points!

I do believe that Bruce, with his uncanny speed and his appreciative interception abilities, might have not had to be so concerned with his ground game.

Bruce was well versed in grappling/ground fighting; JKD teaches many facets about ground fighting/grappling, so I feel that Bruce would've been fine on the ground, if the fight went to the ground!

Chuck earned a black belt in both BJJ and Judo; I believe that he'd be comfortable on the ground!

• 2 weeks later...
Chuck earned a black belt in both BJJ and Judo; I believe that he'd be comfortable on the ground!

He did. I'm just not sure when he did so. I don't think he got started with BJJ until the 1980s, but may have had his Judo black belt before then.

Didn't Lee also do some training with Judo Gene LeBelle?

He did. I'm just not sure when he did so. I don't think he got started with BJJ until the 1980s, but may have had his Judo black belt before then.

Didn't Lee also do some training with Judo Gene LeBelle?

I don't know when Chuck got either of his grappling black belts, but his bios aren't given into stating dates, which is fine with me.

And yes, I believe anybody who's anybody have trained with Gene, including Bruce.

• 1 year later...

To be a movie star and UFC champion also a Karate champion and so on is asking a bit too much of people. They have all contributed to MA in there own special way. They did what they trained for. It could have a reverse effect trying to be all things to everyone. I believe them to be the best of there time and now it is for others to shine. Imho Chuck and Bruce are too good for the Octagon. They were examples that go way beyond the stereotype of just being a human weapon they are examples of great human beings also.