• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello

eloylb

Hello,

I want to introduce myself.

I'm living in Montreal but I'm originally from Lebanon. I practiced Shotokan Karate for about 5 years between LB and Montreal and stopped at the 3rd Kyu level in 2008.

I'm thinking about returning to practice, although I'm almost 47 yrs old and a little bit out of shape.

I know that I need to take that 1st practice to get the fire burning again, but old injuries (from karate) and bad knees are making me have second thoughts.

Anyways, if I return to practice, I'll post it on this forum.

Thanks everyone and God bless.

Edited by eloylb

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to KF!

I took a 22 year break myself, and as chance would have it, I wound up training again after countless injuries and knee replacement surgery in 2000. I started back when I was 37 and waaayyyy out of shape.

I was able to get back into form, and the fire is burning hot again!

So take that step. You won't regret getting back into it!

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

Welcome to the forum.

Let me give you a piece of advice. Your not getting younger, and there's no better time to re start then now.

the way I see it is this, we are getting old, stuff is going to hurt anyway, may as well do it!!

good luck and get in the dojo!

Nothing Worth Having Is Easily Obtained - ESPECIALLY RANK

Welcome to KF.

While you will always be welcomed back to Shotokan. If you are having second thoughts, have you considered a different martial art?

Tang Soo Do: 3rd Dan '18

Shotokan Karate: 2nd Dan '04

Welcome to KF.

While you will always be welcomed back to Shotokan. If you are having second thoughts, have you considered a different martial art?

I tried many different MAs in the past: Boxing, Tae Kwon Do, Street fight, Aikido and Judo. None of these MAs was satisfying to practice for me as Shotokan was. Also, I want to build on the capital I already have in Shotokan.

Welcome to the forum!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Welcome aboard! My knees hurt often, too, but don't let it stop you from working out! Get back in there, and we look forward to hearing from you! :karate: