• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Police Krav Maga training scheduled for July

I got approved for another week-long defensive tactics training course, this time for Police Krav Maga, hosted by Krav Maga Worldwide, I believe. They are going to cover self-defense, combatives, pistol retention and disarms, long-gun retention and disarms (I'm really interested in seeing these methods), and police-focused ground fighting.

It should be a fun trip, and I'm really looking forward to it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I will. I'm hoping what they offer in this system can help round up what I've done with the GRACIE system. The GRACIE has a lot of weapon retention, but no disarms. No striking, aside from some elbow striking, and although we as LEOs like to minimize any striking, its still important to learn, especially to do it right.

After that, I need to attend the course our Academy puts on for DT instruction. I haven't had any of their training since I was there, and apparently they give the "blessing" to add in other stuff, whatever that's about. By and large, though, I think the training I've gotten outside of the Academy DT training has been much higher quality, and much better overall.

You get to do all of the fun stuff!!

Is this there in Hayes or somewhere else?

What are you hoping it'll add to being a LEO??

Can't wait to your update afterwards.

Have fun and be safe!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Bob, I will be driving out to Bonner Springs, KS, for this training. I'm hoping it will add a different element of stand-up defense for my curriculum, as well as the disarms. Like I mentioned earlier, the long gun retention and disarming really intrigues me.

I think it will be some great training all the way around. I will keep you guys updated on how it goes.