Do instructors pay for classes?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We would always use a hand full of blackbelts as Asst. Instructors. Most of the time they would get lessons free or reduced based on how much they helped out.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I think it should be up to the instructor if he/she pays or not, if the dojo is in financial trouble then everyone needs to help out but if it’s making a healthy profit then a person that spends more time teaching then learning probably shouldn’t pay fees especially if that money is going straight in someone else’s pocket.

- Only by contrast can we see.

- Each for his own.

In both the dojangs I went to/go to, the instructors pay for tuition. But they get paid too. I donno how that works, but it happened.

My TSD instructor still trains. He goes to the big-wig's dojang to train, and yes, he pays tuition. I have no clue about my TKD instructor yet.

Laurie F

If you work at any retail outlet or any company, usually there are perks for their employees. Unfortunately, I paid regular tuition while instructed at one school. A discount on tuition would of helped, since it was extremely expensive. Half of my earnings went to my tuition..

Kinesiologist/Trainer

Black-Belt

Well, one of the "rules" of our school is if you instruct at the school you are required to also train there as well. It was getting to the point where instrctors were "counting" their time spent instructing as training time when in fact it is not. Which brings up another question: "Should instructors also be training as consistently as they teach?" Is it necessary?

I say so!!

So it is in the best interests of both school and the instructors to have the school offer discounted or free tuition depending on the amount of time spent teaching.

I guess you could argue that by teaching the teacher is also learning at the same time, you can find out so much about a technique just from showing someone else how to do it. So if someone learns as they teach they are always a student.

:-?

I hope that makes sence. :D

- Only by contrast can we see.

- Each for his own.