• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Got my purple belt last night!!!

I sat my grading for 4th Kyu last night :D :D I got a pass B, which I'm delighted with because of the work I've had to put in over the last few months. Back in september I was promoted from 8th to 6th Kyu due to success at the national Kata championships. Since then it's been pretty crazy trying to learn stuff I bypassed with the promotion plus normal grade work, at times I felt a litlle out of my depth. But last night made it all worth it, to come away with a B from what my instructor considers a pretty difficult grade, just blows me away. Now the work for brown belt starts here. :karate: :karate:

M.

Be water, my friend.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congratulations!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Congrats! I remember my years from purple to being on the cusp of brown was awesome. Sadly, I had to quit right before my brown belt test. But everything happens for a reason!

Congrats, and focus on being the best purple belt you can be- until it's time to be a brown belt!!!

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

Congrats, and focus on being the best purple belt you can be- until it's time to be a brown belt!!!

Thanks, Jaypo :) I will definitely focus on being the best I can be. The grading for brown is end of July, but think I'll wait for the November grading. I want a commended this time around :lol:

M.

Be water, my friend.