• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What Makes A Dojo/Dojang Good?

A good, dedicated instructor who's trying to make his or her students the best martial artists possible and not out to make a buck.

I agree with this staatement. I am studying my first martial art right now. And I love my academy very much, at the same time I feel they are very dollar motivated. Some times I go weeks wtihtout seeing my Master. My fee is about 120 a month to attend only 3 classes a week. I dont have the option to attend as many as I like... Also different types of programs have different costs (and uniforms to buy). I do however have some amazing instructors that make the place wonderful to be at. And for the most part the student body is great and diverse. BUT the underlying drivefor money is disturbing....but now that i have signed a contract with them I will finish it out (3 years left). Next time, I will definately be thinking about that when I select an academy though.

And another less serious thing I would look into is variety of music. For me music can be very motivational, and also very irritating. I would like to see variety so maybe everyone can have at least a little something they like.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some times I go weeks wtihtout seeing my Master. My fee is about 120 a month to attend only 3 classes a week. I dont have the option to attend as many as I like...

Damn, can you say McDojo ?

40 bucks a week, $13.33 a class.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.