• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thinking about training seriously

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

IMHO, I don't think of taichi as a martial art as much as an internal art, like yoga ( which I do, so I'm not dissing it, this is my opinion, and all of you have a right to yours). Eg, more of a Way than a martial art. Martial is "suitable for warfare". I take Shotokan now, and I consider it a useful art. Another to cosider would be kempo or bjj. Those are rather enjoyable too.I recommend that you try each one out, by taking an intro class, and then decide.

Grrrr,

Dee ::karate::

Dee C.

Normal ( 'nor-m&l)-

an adj. used by humans to stereotype

I would say to check out the schools and observe the classes. Take the one that you like the best. IMO any MA experience can only be a benefit.

If you could do a follow up post on what you are looking for then you will get more specific feedback.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

I'm sure you know this but it depends what you want. I would do tai chi if I was ederly and wanted only health, because most tai chi places doesn't teach the combat side of it. I would do kickboxing if I wanted to learn how to fight and condition myself so I'm in really good shape. I don't know about karate though.

FULL CONTACT!

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Go to the 3, take one lesson in each and go with the one you enjoy the most..

but if i have to choose one of those. I'd say, Full contact kickboxing. Actually i feel that no matter what style you choose, we all should take some full contact kickboxing lessons.

"the only way to learn how to swim is get inside the water"

If you mean to get really serious than this decision needs to be made by you, it needs to be an informed choice yes but not too influenced from the outside. Any of the three you named can be very rewarding, try a few lessons in each you will know the one that’s right for you. Don’t pick the one that you have been told is good pick the one you feel is good, you’re the one who will be doing the training not anyone else

- Only by contrast can we see.

- Each for his own.