• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

KUGB Instructors course

muttley

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Thanks for the reply, I will speak to someone at the university prior to deciding what I am going to do, other options to get into teaching is to completely change track and do a degree in computing and IT...I know what I would rather be doing!

Just had a thought (and yes it did hurt, lol), have you considered an Open Degree? I know of one of the teachers in ICT at our place has an Open Degree - pretty sure there are more at our place. That way you can do modules in both ICT/Computing and Sport, if you don't do a Bachelors of Education (BEd). Then you can do the DTLLS, PGCE or one of the other QTS program routes.

As for coaching courses, there is the BTEC Level 3 Self-Defence Instructor Certification, is that any good for you if you do want to do the Sports Degree?

Tang Soo Do: 3rd Dan '18

Shotokan Karate: 2nd Dan '04

Thanks for the reply, I will speak to someone at the university prior to deciding what I am going to do, other options to get into teaching is to completely change track and do a degree in computing and IT...I know what I would rather be doing!

Just had a thought (and yes it did hurt, lol), have you considered an Open Degree? I know of one of the teachers in ICT at our place has an Open Degree - pretty sure there are more at our place. That way you can do modules in both ICT/Computing and Sport, if you don't do a Bachelors of Education (BEd). Then you can do the DTLLS, PGCE or one of the other QTS program routes.

As for coaching courses, there is the BTEC Level 3 Self-Defence Instructor Certification, is that any good for you if you do want to do the Sports Degree?

I've already got a Level 4 NVQ in Use of Force instruction (obtained through my work)...wasn't sure if that would suffice.