• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A style that teaches weapons LOL.

Again it just depends on when, when and who you are.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I wouldn't like to fight a Crazy person who doesn't have anything to lose... those people will bite your ears off without thinking twice.. lol

And if that person is trained in Muay Thai.... that would make it just worse.. lol

Those arts in which every technique rips or shatters whatever part of you is attacked rather than just causing the usual damage you recover from in a week or so. I'd prefer not to be crippled I think.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

Bon, what is your problem with internal styles? I dont think you have any experience of them, so why knock what you dont know? Ever heard of Dim Mak, if not then go get some knowledge about it.

Xtreme Fury

Yea Shoalin are nice people, but I mean just purley on there techniques, and lets be honest, no-one trains as hard as those guys do.

Take Care

I would tend to think most MA would not just fight without a good reason. If there are no weapons involved, I would consider all of them an equal threat with their own strenghts and weaknesses. It would depend if all is equal in reguards to skill of the combatant I would say if he is much bigger and heavier than me thats the one I dont want to fight. Realistically I dont see a shaolin monk attacking anyone or someone attacking you with Akido or tai chi. Monks are generally pasifistic and akido and tai chi tend to be defensive and counter the movements of the attacker AFIK.

As for the whole dim mak thing I just dont buy it. It probably worked once when someone hit someone with a tumor or pre-existing condition who just happened to keel over shortly afterwards... :brow: :brow: :brow:

Just an urban legend.

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

As for the whole dim mak thing I just dont buy it. It probably worked once when someone hit someone with a tumor or pre-existing condition who just happened to keel over shortly afterwards...

Just an urban legend.

I was of the same mind. Then I saw it done... then I had it done to me... then I learned to do it to others. I even devised and performed some double-blind tests on related Qi activities.

While you have no particular reason to accept some name one a BBS, let me chime in and say that, to some extent, Qi arts are quite real. What can and cannot truely be done, I cannot say... I can only attest to the things I have personally worked with.

Thanks Jerry, I find it difficult to understand as well.

shotochem, I have no tumour, but I have passed out because of the effect Ki has, its very real. Its true that we cant create fire balls or float in mid air (unfortunately) buts its combat applications are limitless.

shotochem I also said that this thread was ONLY about techniques, we all know that its always down to the martial artist. Also not only Shoalin Monks are taught Shaolin gung fu ;)