• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Taekwondo and judo..

now in korea they are having the 14th BUSAN ASIAN GAMES they have taekwondo of course and judo~~ and all that~~ but many people say it's like sports i was really disapointed when i heard that.. and many Koreans are saying now a days. Taekwondo is a Sports not a Martial Aarts.. i want to hear you guys opinion.. :bawling:

i am a korean boy who will rock korea with my fists may be next 10 years i am already a bruce lee of korea

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I won't say ALL WTF schools teach sport. Mine doesn't. I mean, we do compete, but it's not a requirement. We do learn the "sport" type of sparring, but we learn other stuff (self defense, ect).

I can't say much about Judo, except that I was thinking about cross training in it. I haven't looked into the club here yet, though.

Laurie F

Sport, art, oh well who cares. Boxing's a sport, but look at lewis or tyson or de la hoya, they'd do amazing in a street fight. WHo's gonna match their hand work? TKD is done as a sport, so what? Dun mean that wit the right trainign, someone couldn't wipe the floor wit someone in a real fight. Thai boxing is a sport, any MA can be dun as a sport. Sticky hands tourney's(wing chun) push hands touneys(tai chi), sport jui jitsu, bjj tourney, everything...juss coz sometin has offical sport recognition dun make it any less of an art. Think or Vale Tudo, on of the them could prolly take most un-cross trained figthers, vale tudo is a sport so what? Juss coz u throw a ball in say baseball, its a sport, dat dun mean u can't throw a ball in a non-sport setting. Dun be ridiculous, its merely the lack of hand work that makes tkd weak(arguable)

"Roses are red,

violets are blue,

I will always TAP you!

The fights not over

till I win SUCKA""

XpOiSoN FrEeX wrote:

"sorry i thought that WTF teaches just sport.

cross training in judo would be good for you, i think you should try it out"

Thanks. It's at the YMCA so it should be fairly cheap :) I'll go check it out.

Laurie F