• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hapkido weaknesses

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Every style of the MA has its flaws/weaknesses, but how one can be honest with themselves while overcoming said flaw/weaknesses will go along way. In that, I'm with Brian on the lack of a solid ground aspect. So, if the ground aspect lacks, do everything that you can to not end up on the ground.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Every style of the MA has its flaws/weaknesses, but how one can be honest with themselves while overcoming said flaw/weaknesses will go along way. In that, I'm with Brian on the lack of a solid ground aspect. So, if the ground aspect lacks, do everything that you can to not end up on the ground.

Or, cross train in Wrestling, BJJ, or some other grappling style to shore up said deficiency... :D

Or, cross train in Wrestling, BJJ, or some other grappling style to shore up said deficiency... :D

YES!!

:D

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 weeks later...

ive been told hapkido is an effective art.

like previously said - all arts have their focus.

cross training is smart, but also forcing someone to fight on your terms is an option.

Think of a BJJ guy trying to take you to the floor, that's what i mean.

that said:

Never fight someone on their own terms. If you are using your art, your life is in jeopardy - hapkido is not a competitive sport so a guy wants to clinch and reaches out to grab your collar, hes giving up that weapon, trap it and attack, if he tries to grab your wrist, break his, he goes for your legs attack the head.

I know im over simplifying greatly and brutal but, your training for combat, not points. If you think you are gonna hold your own with someone who spends day in day out with ground work, and fighting their terms and their rules..... I dont think its gonna work.

I could be wrong, im a relative novice compared to many many knowledgeable martial artists here.

Nothing Worth Having Is Easily Obtained - ESPECIALLY RANK

Our Master just reached his 3rd degree in Hapkido, so he can now train and promote. Many Hapkido students are local police, so I think that speaks to its real world application.