• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

When u say sleeper hold i assume ur talking about a vascular choke, which is a choke in which u cut off blood flow to ur opponents brain and he passes out. There are many dude, btu i again, assume ur talking about the rear interlock choke where you:

-put one arm around ur opponents neck

-grab ur upper bicep or lower shoulder wit that hand

-use other hand to press head forward

-flex ur biceps and try and bring ur arms in tight

hope i helped

"Roses are red,

violets are blue,

I will always TAP you!

The fights not over

till I win SUCKA""

No, it cuts the flow of blood off. If you can't get under the guy's chin, apply it across their jaw, it's really powerful choke. Make sure you don't have your hand of the non-choking arm up too high on their head, 'cause they can pull your hand off.

If you release it immediately, as soon as they pass out, they'll come back 'round pretty quickly with no damage done to them. If you hold it after they've passed out (about 10-15 seconds), you can cause brain damage and I think you have to hold it for 3-5min to kill them. There are methods of trying to revive them, but there's no evidence it works better than laying them on their side. If it's just you and the other guy with no one else around, lay them on their side and make a run for it. Personally, I wouldn't lay them on their side, I'd hit 'em a couple of times so that when they wake up, they'll remember it.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

No, it cuts the flow of blood off.
If I read my anatomy book right, the interior corotid (near the spine) carries most of the blood. The cutting of the exterior corotid seems to cause a pressure imbalance that tricks the brain into cutting off it's own blood supply. But I could be misunderstanding the biology a bit.

If you release it immediately, as soon as they pass out, they'll come back 'round pretty quickly with no damage done to them.
Not really true. Any asphyxia of the brain kills brain cells; so does getting drunk.

How long should it be put on for before they pass out?
If it's done right, from 4-11 seconds. Depends on what they are doing.

• 2 months later...

I would recommend that you learn choking from a qualified instructor, and do a fair amount of research on how it should be applied. You don't want to be killing someone with a choke.

Bon, I have heard it may take only 10 seconds of choking after the opponent has passed out to kill them, and 5 seconds for brain damage. You should release pretty quickly after rendering them unconscious either way.

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

just about the terminology used...

'choke' / 'strangle'

correct me if i'm wrong but i always thought when cutting off the 'air supply' it's called a choke, but when cutting off the 'blood supply' it's called a strangle hold...

"knowledge speaks, wisdom listens" (J. Hendrix)

• 3 weeks later...