• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Vid review: how to fight aggressive opponents...

Here is a Kwonkicker video I watched, in which he gave advice on how to fight aggressive, non-stop opponents:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv4IXyhxtHs

What are your thoughts? Did he sum it up well, or does anyone here have different advice based off your experiences?

The point he gave on not turning away was solid. I think that is what someone is trying to accomplish by overwhelming another; get them moving backwards, turn away, and then really drill them.

I like his insight on offensive and defensive counter-attacking, too. The deliniation he presents makes sense. I like going offensive better, as it would help to not allow the fighter to establish control. However, the defensive option, using a block or parry and evade, might give one an opportunity to "stop" the opponent, break up their momentum, and open them up for counter.

I would probably use more of the "cover-up" option in class. Mainly because I'm not terribly mobile, and I don't mind taking a shot if it brings the others in close where I can start punching away on them. Of course, that is with our limited TKD rules, too.

What do you think? Good advice? Anything different from others here? I'd love to hear your thoughts! :karate:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nice. Seems to me, he was speaking towards intercepting said attack. Albeit, what JKD in about.

Thanks for it, Brian!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!