• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Some interesting kicking techniques...

Check out this video of some interesting kicking techiques:

I'm not going to speak on the practical applicability of these kicks. Some have some use for TKD sparring, and others look good for demonstration purposes.

What I am impressed with is the body control involved with most of them. Especially jumping and spinning, and then kicking with a twist kick in the opposite direction. I was impressed. They would be fun to practice!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I am impressed with is the body control involved with most of them. Especially jumping and spinning, and then kicking with a twist kick in the opposite direction. I was impressed. They would be fun to practice!

Definitely. It takes a lot of body control to pull these off.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

The GinjaNinja is very good. Wish I had that flexibility and ability to jump!!!

Great difficulty with these types of kicks is that he's rotating his hips one way for the spin then going against it to throw the kick. Not the most powerful of kicks but so difficult to perform.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

The GinjaNinja is very good. Wish I had that flexibility and ability to jump!!!

Great difficulty with these types of kicks is that he's rotating his hips one way for the spin then going against it to throw the kick. Not the most powerful of kicks but so difficult to perform.

I agree, that's exactly what I saw in those kicks. Such great body control. I'd love to see some attempts at breaking.

Totally impractical 'Dojo Wasa' point scoring, mere tricks.....and yes I'm so jealous and wish I could do it ! Tremendous skill.

If you believe in an ideal. You don't own it ; it owns you.

Totally impractical 'Dojo Wasa' point scoring, mere tricks.....and yes I'm so jealous and wish I could do it ! Tremendous skill.

We ALL need hang time abilities!!

:P

**Proof is on the floor!!!

These kicks might require strong core muscles to perform but I showed them to my Sensei. He said that the draw back is that the higher you kick, the more power you lose. He said that I would be better off smashing an opponent's thigh than tapping him on the ear.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

These kicks might require strong core muscles to perform but I showed them to my Sensei. He said that the draw back is that the higher you kick, the more power you lose. He said that I would be better off smashing an opponent's thigh than tapping him on the ear.

True; but also true for all kicks, even a simple roundhouse. He is not practicing these kicks for their combat effectiveness. They are to test his athletic ability. This guy can already kick well (as shown by his many other videos) so why not try to push the boundaries and train to do something most people can't?

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius