• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How often do you stretch?

Curios to know, how often do you stretch and in your personal perception do you feel that you stretch enough?

I ask because in my personal perception I don't stretch enough, I know it and yet my inner voice likes to come up with excuses like "I don't have enough time" even though I acualy do.

Am I alone here or do ppl also feel the same?

It begins with the knowledge that the severity of a strikes impact is amplified by a smaller surface area.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I stretch quite often per my teaching/administrative schedule. In short, each time I train, teach, work out, run/walk, and/or what have you. Especially at my age, I have to avoid unforeseen injuries by stretching before any activity.

I don't think I can stretch too much...I could be wrong.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Before the Christmas holidays, I used to stretch every other day (however haven't done it now for a month now).

My perception, do I feel that I stretch enough? No... However this year, hopefully, will change this :)

Tang Soo Do: 3rd Dan '18

Shotokan Karate: 2nd Dan '04

Stretching is part of my daily morning routine; it's the first thing I do out of bed, since my body/muscles are warm.

Several times a week, I do power/isometric stretching, giving a day or two in between for rest.

:karate:

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

I don't stretch nearly enough, nor do I train nearly enough right now. I try to stretch some evenings while at home, and stretch every time I train.

• 2 weeks later...

After 20+ years of not training Shotokan my legs are not flexible like they used to be. Now I stretch 5 days a week (2 days rest to help those leg muscles recover) to regain that flexibility again that I had and to be able to do high roundhouse kicks again with ease. When I went back training in Shotokan a month ago I can only do roundhouse kicks up to the elbows. Now I am able to do them on the shoulders after a month of safe stretching. My goal is to be able to do those mawashi and ushiro mawashi to the head level again (of course I am only 5'8" and I am referring to that height :D ) and I will be very happy.

OSS

100X is better than 10X

.....not as often as I should is the honest answer!

Maybe 3 times a week, certainly twice a week...

I used to be very flexible, 'almost able to do box splits, and able to (with help) touch the wall above my head!

(ah! the good 'young' days)

Nowadays lets just say I can reach jodan and leave it at that!

:D

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.