• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello from NC, USA

CDraper

Hello,

I've been lurking around the forum a bit and decided to say hello. My daughter and I just started taking Isshin Ryu about 2 months ago. So far it has been great and she has really enjoyed the classes (so have I). I took Tae Kwon Do when I was a little older than her so it is neat to start training again (It's been like 20 years :/ ). She is 7 and I took TKD when I was around 9 for 5-6 years.

See you around the forum.

Chuck

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to KF to the both of you :)

What made you decide to train in Isshin Ryu? (I would have asked the same question regardless of which MA/style) :)

Tang Soo Do: 3rd Dan '18

Shotokan Karate: 2nd Dan '04

Welcome to the forum!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Thanks everyone...

wagnerk: Honestly the class times lined up well with me getting off of work and picking up my daughter. However I'm pleased with the school, they seem pretty traditional and the instructors are great. I actually trained some with the senei when I was in grade school(~28 years ago), we were in the same TKD school for a while.

Chuck