• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I just placed an order for a new TKD book by Stuart Anslow, on the histories behind the names of the TKD ITF forms: http://www.amazon.com/From-Creation-Unification-Complete-Histories/dp/1906628556/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388439479&sr=8-1&keywords=Stuart+Anslow

I think it will be a fun read. I've read is other books on Hae Sul, and each pattern chapter is kicked off with a brief history on the historical figures or actions behind the name of each form. This book seeks to elaborate further on each. Those brief sections are always fun to read, so I'm excited to read a bit more about each one. My favorite one was on Choong Moo.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Looks good. You'll have to give us a review.

FWIW Wikipedia is actually not a bad starting point for anyone wanting to know more about these figures and events.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• 2 weeks later...
Looks good. You'll have to give us a review.

FWIW Wikipedia is actually not a bad starting point for anyone wanting to know more about these figures and events.

Cool, I'll be sure to check it out, too. I'll give a review when I get it finished. I just got in the mail today! Can't wait!

Yeah, I'm not sure how some of that pricing happens. Maybe it was used and autographed? Not sure. I didn't think the price was too bad, and if it reflected what the small blurbs that he put in his Hae Sul books showed, it would be worth the cost to me. After reading it, it was worth it. I'll be posting a review in the Martial Arts Research Library thread soon. :)

• 3 weeks later...

The pricing will happen like that because people can choose whatever price they want. There is a used copy of my book going for $595.41. Or you could buy it new for $16.43. Whatever works. :) Heh.

Patrick

The pricing will happen like that because people can choose whatever price they want. There is a used copy of my book going for $595.41. Or you could buy it new for $16.43. Whatever works. :) Heh.

Patrick

LOL!! That makes it easy to understand, and to see, why some books are extremely high. Many MA books that were published many moons ago are fetching hundreds of dollars, for whatever the reason(s) may or may not be. I don't know if the high prices are justified because said book(s) are no longer published, but when I see an old Oyama or Nishiyama book costing hundreds of dollars, when new, they'd cost hardly anything new.

It's what the market will bear, I suppose.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Yeah. Some books can be worth hundreds, thousands or more. If they are rare, hard to find, a hard to find edition, etc. A complete copy of Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, Histories, & Tragedies would go for millions of dollars, even though you can legally download it for free since it is out of copyright and in the public domain. It's about the presentation at that point, far more than the content contained within.

Patrick