• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Front leg or back leg?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I find I use my front leg (sidekick) when my opponent is charging towards me. Most of the time its effective against the guys I spar as they tend to chase me down and I use their forward momentum against them by lifting my lead leg as they move in.

Usually when sparring in closed-stances the lead leg is used more rather than when in an open stance. In an open stance I usually use the lead leg more to draw or lure my opponent in (to set them up more or less) and then execute a more powerful back leg kick or spin kick.

I agree with Kickchick. The lead leg side kick is great ;) I use the lead leg for quick attacks (less telegraphed), and my back leg for power shots. I sometimes use my lead leg to set up for a back leg kick. I'm definitely a lead leg kicker (right leg forward). Which is unusual for my TKD school. I throw people off a lot with my lead leg. It's my best weaapon (until someone catches on, that is LOL).

Laurie F

If i'm the aggressor i use my lead leg (sniper option). if my opponent is an agressor i use my rear leg to remind them i'm the aggressor. My rear leg (courtesy of our friends in thailand) seems to bring out the nice side of people.

Bretty

• 4 weeks later...