• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Might have upset the neighbours

Just did a 2 hour session for all those students (and instructors) that were missing Karate over the holidays, in the hall next door was the local church group...

I tried my best to be respectful but with only dividers between us we had an interesting mix of hymns and Kiai's!

Might have to book an afternoon slot next time... :wink:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Interesting mix! At least you both worked well within the space parameters allowed. In that, I agree that finding opposing time slots would benefit both.

Just last month, I was going to host a Rape Prevention seminar at our local community center, but I was denied because..."I've heard that these types of activities involve a lot of yelling and screaming and stuff, and I'm afraid that that would disturb the knitting class, being held at the same time, across the hall, but if you can guarantee that you'll do nothing like that, we can consider it. After all, that knitting class has been meeting in that same room for much too long to ask them to reschedule their time, and I'd never ask them to find a different time and/or available room within our center. You know, they were here first, as unfriendly as that seems."

I understood their reasoning's, but I told them that I couldn't guarantee a quiet class because being very loud and emitting sharp piercing noises, well, it's part of the prevention element, and in that, students would be required to be forceful with their loud voices with things like, STOP/NO, and some other type of LOUD YELLING. At that, she seemed startled, that's when I told her..."See, the YELLING CAN be disturbing, and that's the point when ones being raped or attacked."

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!